ostilox-meloxicam-injection non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medication for use in dogs and cats. Can be administered either IV or SQ in dogs and SQ in cats, controls post-operative pain/inflammation in cats and pain control/inflammation associated with osteoarthritis (OA) in dogs.
non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medication for use in dogs and cats. Can be administered either IV or SQ in dogs and SQ in cats, controls post-operative pain/inflammation in cats and pain control/inflammation associated with osteoarthritis (OA) in dogshttps://bodaxvet.com/
ostilox-meloxicam-injection Oral Suspension is indicated for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs.
Key Features and Benefits of v
- Each mL of ostilox-meloxicam-injection Suspension contains 1.5 mg of meloxicam.
- OstiLox is available in 10 mL, 32 mL, 100 mL and 2 x 100 mL bottles, each including small and large syringes calibrated for accurate dosing.
- The calibrated syringes allow for accurate administration of both the initial and daily maintenance doses for petsof all weights.
- ostilox-meloxicam-injection can be mixed with food or dosed directly into the mouth.
- When administered orally with food, it has nearly 100% bioavailability. 100% bioavailable means all of the active ingredient will be able to have an effect.
- Unlike NSAID tablets, OstiLox Oral Suspension does not require splitting of tablets for accurate dosing in dogs.
- ostilox-meloxicam-injection is packaged with two conveniently-sized dosing syringes:
- Small syringe calibrated in 1 lb increments for use in dogs less than 30 pounds
- Large syringe calibrated in 5 lb increments for dosing dogs 30 pounds and over
ostilox-meloxicam-injection Suspension is packaged with 2 sizes of dosing syringes. The small syringe is calibrated in 1-lb increments for use in dogs under 30 lbs. The large syringe is calibrated in 5-lb increments (up to 160 lbs.) and should be used for dosing dogs that are 30 lbs and over. Only administer OstiLox with the provided syringes. The container should never be used as a dropper bottle for administration of Dogs under 30 lbs (13.6 kg) Shake well before use, then remove cap. OstiLox Oral Suspension can be given either mixed with food or placed directly into the mouth. Particular care should be given with regard to the accuracy of dosing. To prevent accidental overdosing of small dogs, only use the small dosing syringe. The large syringe provided should not be used to measure doses for dogs weighing less than 30 lbs (13.6 kg). For dogs under 30 lbs, use the small dosing syringe provided in the package (see dosing procedure below). The small dosing syringe fits onto the bottle and has dosing marks in 1-lb increments, designed to deliver the daily maintenance dose of 0.045 mg/lb (0.1 mg/kg). For dogs between 1 – 29 lbs can be given using the marks on the small dosing syringe. When using the small dosing syringe, the dog’s weight should be rounded down to the nearest 1-lb increment. Replace and tighten cap after use.
There are no reviews yet.